Saturday, February 20, 2010

10 Years Later

In 2000 I successfully pulled off the ultimate surprise 30th birthday party for my wife Kristi.  She and I arrived at The Local in downtown Minneapolis to meet a friend for a drink.  As we sat in the back of the bar/lounge with our friend having a pint, all of our family and friends gathered in the front of the bar in a section I had reserved.  When Kristi thought it was time to leave to go to dinner at another location, we walked to the front of the bar and out through the section I had reserved.  As Kristi walked into the middle of the section, she realized the room was filled with everyone she knew.  It was a perfect moment.

I attempted to recreate this event again at The Local for her 10th annual 30th birthday and although it was a long shot, it went very well in spite of the surprise factor not working quit as well this time.  Photos here.

No comments: