Friday, September 22, 2006

Columbia, South Carolina

I flew into Columbia, SC on Thursday, September 21st. The purpose of the trip was to meet with a new client, Intel, the next morning. I had never been to Columbia or South Carolina before. The airport was the cleanest I have ever been in and had white rocking chairs lined up and down the commons area. People were sitting and relaxing in most of these like they had nothing else to do.

I had dinner that evening at Sushi Yoshi. I sat at the sushi bar and the gentlemen who prepared my order (Sushi Deluxe) poured himself a glass of sake every 3-5 minutes. Needless to say, he was in a very good mood.

On Friday, September 22 when I was flying back to Raleigh I had a stop over in Charlotte, NC. While I was walking to the gate for my connecting flight I passed someone who looked exactly like a famous figure and said to myself, that can't be him. I found my gate and took a seat and started to check my email from my Treo. About 10 minutes later the guy I saw earlier came over to my gate and sat down. It was Colonel Sanders! Not long after he sat down a lady walked over and sat by him. They had a lengthy conversation and when the Colonel got up to leave I seized my opportunity and got a picture taken with him. Coincidently, on the airplane I sat next to the lady who had visited with the Colonel. She shared with me he was in Raleigh this weekend to promote a new store being opened and he was going to be at the NC State football game.

No comments: